Data Analyst at Finezt Gaming Entertainment – Remote: July 2021 – Present Data analysis of player statistics for tournament decision-making and community share-outs. Game stats are extracted (game replays and APIs) and then analyzed with Google Sheets. Product: FGE Sponsored Tournaments.
- Creation of Python scripts to get information from the web (tracker.gg and others)
- Google Sheets analysis and visualizations.
Statistician at Rocket Street – Remote: April 2020 – October 2020: Volunteer Main task: finding interesting facts about the tournaments/players for official streams. Game stats are extracted from JSON files (game replays and website APIs) and then analyzed with advanced Excel techniques. Product: Rocket League Official South America Tournaments.
- Creating Python scripts to get information from JSON files (saved files, and web-scrapping).
- Advanced Excel techniques such as pivots, functions, and formulas
Digital Marketing Analyst at Limit Break LLC – Remote: April 2020 – June 2020 Managed the Twitter and Facebook Ads campaigns for an indie game. Optimized their targeting for better spending of their limited budget. Used Google Spreadsheets (formulas) to compile and analyze data from the ads platforms and Google Analytics. Product: Sudd City Adventures.
UX Researcher at Facebook – June 2017 – March 2019
The main responsibility was to represent the voice of the advertiser to internal teams by conducting research. This involved planning, recruitment, conducting research, analysis, and reporting. Frequently used methods: remote interviews, surveys, usability tests, and card sorting. Product: Ads Manager and Ads Reporting.
- As a researcher in the Measurement and Analytics team, I gained vast knowledge of the Facebook Ads ecosystem.
- Conducted 18+projects with high-end and mid-level marketers running Facebook Ads.
- Mastered basic SQL to query databases on a biweekly basis.
- Used Excel and Tableau to analyze quantitative data and create professional visualizations.
- Used Qualtrics for surveys –creation, distribution, and analysis.
- Creation and presentation of deliverables with actionable insights.
User Research Assistant at Anki – March 2016 – May 2016 – Freelance
Mainly involved with the technical aspect of the tests and analysis of videos as well as intake and outtake of participants. Product: Cozmo
- Setup included iPad and Wirecast.
- Video editing with iMovie and creation of deliverables with PowerPoint
Jr. User Researcher Assistant at Activision – March 2015 – July 2015 – Contract
Assisted with the execution of game progression testing and playtesting under the direction of a supervisor. Responsibilities included recruitment, lab setup, intake/outtake of participants, recording/reporting of playtests. Product: Guitar Hero Live, Skylanders: Superchargers, and Call of Duty: Black Ops III.
- Used Excel for statistics related to difficulty settings and sentiment analysis.
- Troubleshooting PlayStation and Wirecast (PC).
- Deliverables with color-coded actional insights.
Search Engine Optimizer at Submit Express – June 2013 to February 2015
Accomplishments and responsibilities included maintaining an open channel of communication with 35+ clients and increasing the search engine visibility of their businesses by implementing offsite and onsite SEO plans. The analysis of data from Google Search Console and Google Analytics for assessment/reports.
Data Analytics Professional Certificate, 2022 – Google Career Certificates. Competency in tools and platforms including spreadsheets, MySQL, Tableau, and R.
MS HCI, 2008. Master of Science in Human-Computer Interaction from Georgia Institute of Technology – Atlanta, Georgia.
A sample of projects:
- 2008 – What gamers really do: Multitasking while playing online computer games.
Designed the study and recruited participants. A contextual inquiry by playing Maple Story Global and in-game interviews. Collated study data with information from other studies and presented findings.
- 2007 – Research study of an Online Community/MMORPG: Maple Story. Evaluated certain aspects of the game based on online community principles, recruited participants, and conducted phone interviews with actual players. Also created personas based on contextual inquiry and Bartle’s (MUD) players. Designed a low fidelity prototype (information architecture and navigation) and presented findings.
- 2006 – iPark: Technology-assisted public transportation.
Coordinated the project and lead brainstorming sessions. Created, distributed, and evaluated surveys at two different stages. Proctored in each of the usability tests, analyzed the data and presented findings.
- 2006 – Navigational system for TSRB (Research Building).
Encouraging active communication and fostering a creative environment. Evaluated current design: user analysis, task analysis, function-allocation, mental workload (NASA-TLX), and interface analysis. Tested the accuracy of instructions and speed of tasks completion of current and recommended designs.
Certificate in Gender Studies, 2005 – University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras.
BA Psychology, 2004 – Magna Cum Laude – University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras.
|Surveys||SQL(query data)||Keynote||English Language|
|Qualtrics||Python(web-scrapping, Json)||Excel||Hardware troubleshooting|
|Usability||Qualtrics||Google Sheets||Google Analytics|