UX Researcher at Facebook – June 2017 – March 2019
Main responsibility was to represent the voice of the advertiser to internal teams by conducting qualitative research. This involved planning, recruitment, conducting research, analysis, and reporting. Frequently used methods: remote interviews, surveys, usability tests, and card sorting. Product: Ads Manager and Ads Reporting.
- As a researcher in the Measurement and Analytics team, I gained vast knowledge ofthe Facebook Ads ecosystem.
- Conducted 18+projects with high-end and mid-level marketers running Facebook Ads.
- Mastered SQL to query databases on a biweekly basis.
- Used Excel and Tableau to analyze quantitative data and create professional visualizations.
- Used Qualtrics for surveys –creation, distribution, and analysis.
- Used SPSS for statistics related to sentiment analysis.
- Creation and presentation of deliverables with actionable UX insights.
User Research Assistant at Anki – March 2016 – May 2016 – Freelance
Mainly involved with the technical aspect of the tests and analysis of videos as well as intake and outtake of participants. Product: Cozmo and Overdrive.
- Setup included iPad and Wirecast.
- Video editing with iMovie and creation of deliverables with PowerPoint
Jr. User Researcher Assistant at Activision – March 2015 – July 2015 – Contract
Assisted with the execution of game progression testing and playtesting under the direction of a supervisor. Responsibilities included setup, intake/outtake of participants, recording/reporting of the players’ experiences, and other research related activities including recruitment. Product: Guitar Hero Live, Skylanders:Superchargers, and Call of Duty:Black Ops 3.
- Used Excel for statistics related to difficulty settings and sentiment analysis.
- Setup included PS4 and Wirecast.
- Troubleshooting devkits.
- Deliverables with actional insights created with Word
Search Engine Optimizer at Submit Express – June 2013 to February 2015
Accomplishments and responsibilities included maintainingan open channel of communication with 35+ clients and increasing the search engine visibility of their businesses by implementing offsite and onsite marketing plans. The analysis of data from Webmaster tools and Google Analytics for SEO and UX strategic plans.
MS HCI, 2008. Master of Science in Human-Computer Interaction from Georgia Institute of Technology – Atlanta, Georgia.
A sample of projects:
- 2008 – What gamers really do: Multitasking while playing online computer games.
Designed the study and recruited participants. A contextual inquiry by playing Maple Story Global and in-game interviews. Collated study data with information from other studies and presented findings.
- 2007 – Research study of an Online Community/MMORPG: Maple Story. Evaluated certain aspects of the game based on online community principles, recruited participants and conducted phone interviews with actual players. Also created personas based on contextual inquiry and Bartle’s (MUD) players. Designed a low fidelity prototype (information architecture and navigation) and presented findings.
- 2006 – iPark: Technology-assisted public transportation.
Coordinated the project and lead brainstorming sessions. Created, distributed, and evaluated surveys at two different stages. Proctored in each of the usability tests, analyzed the data and presented findings.
- 2006 – Navigational system for TSRB (Research Building).
Encouraged active communication and fostered a creative environment. Evaluated current design: user analysis, task analysis, function-allocation, mental workload (NASA-TLX) and interface analysis. Tested the accuracy of instructions and speed of tasks completion of current and recommended designs.
Certificate in Gender Studies, 2005 – University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras.
BA Psychology, 2004 – Magna Cum Laude – University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras.
UX SkillsResearch usability, interviews, surveys, card-sorting.[Qualtrics, GoToMeeting] Evaluation data query, scenarios, heuristics, statistical analysis. [Tableau, Excel, Word, PowerPoint] Technical SQL, HTML, Digital Marketing, Analytics [ Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics, WordPress, Mode] Hardware troubleshooting hardware and software. [PS4, iPad, PC, Wirecast] Other Languages: English, Spanish Technical abilities with PC’s and Basic Networking Hobbies: Always learning something new and video games.